Friday, January 11, 2013

Packing. Ugh.

Do you know how to pack for over four months in a country you have essentially never visited? No, but really. That is not a rhetorical question. Please. Help. Me. 

A few days ago, I made numerous piles of clothes to pack. Tonight I attempted to shrink those piles, and even though I did indeed remove quite a lot (mostly shirts...I have a lot of them), it seems like I still have way too much. My boyfriend Tim, who is also going to Copenhagen, is facing the daunting task of packing as well right now. Let's just say, he's winning. But I will argue that it is easier for boys. They need less types of clothing and other miscellaneous things. Another aspect that makes this hard is that I am going to Denmark during the coldest months of the year. Warm clothes are bulky, let me tell ya. It all adds up quickly. Too quickly. Fighting through the frustration (and losing), I packed almost everything to see how it fit, grumbled, and frowned at my two suitcases, one raspberry-colored and one black. Both suitcases were full. They weren't bursting at the seams, but there wasn't too much space left over for what I will inevitably buy while I am abroad and traveling. I decided that the best way to tackle the problem was to not tackle the problem. I have given up for tonight. I have waved my white flag of surrender. I have retired to the couch where I am blissfully ignorant of everything that I have to do tomorrow. Hopefully, I will awake in the morning to find that the packing elves have paid me a visit and reorganized and repacked my bags. Hey, I can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment